Sales of products offered on our website https://store.miumiu.com/jp/miumiujp (hereinafter "the Site") are governed by the following General Terms and Conditions of Sales (hereinafter “the Terms and Conditions”).
The products offered on the Site are sold directly by Prada Japan Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "PRADA").
PRADA is a company registered under the Japanese laws, with head office in Shin-Nogizaka Bldg., 1-15-14, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo.
The purchase agreement and the relevant procedures are in Japanese, and the English general terms and conditions are the translation of the Japanese general terms and conditions prepared and provided for reference purposes only.
1. The products displayed on the Site are offered on sale exclusively to individuals above the age of consent. The purchase will be possible only in case of shipment within Japan.
2. PRADA may modify or amend the Terms and Conditions at any moment. The customer is therefore asked to accept only the Terms and Conditions applicable at the time of completion of the order.
3. The customer is requested to read carefully the Terms and Conditions that can also be viewed and downloaded at any moment through links from the site and/or from the e- mail that PRADA will send the customer according to Section 3.7.
1. For each product selected, the customer can view the site featuring photograph of the products, its unit price, its colors and sizes (if applicable).
2. Each sale carried out by PRADA by means of the online sale service shall concern one or several products, with the limit of a maximum of 4 pieces for each product.
3. The customer chooses the products the customer is interested in, and the description of the products being sold, including the relative measures or size (if applicable), jointly to one or more digitalized photographic images allowing a correct viewing of the Product itself available on the Site, will be included in the Shopping Cart.
4. Click on the Shopping Cart icon to view the products the customer has selected and the total price of the order. Check that the contents of the Shopping Cart are correct before confirming the order completing the purchase form according to the instructions provided on the relevant page of the Site and confirming that the customer read and agreed on the Terms and Conditions.
5. Should the customer need to amend (e.g. product or number of products) or correct any error on the order, the customer will have to follow the instructions contained on the Site.
6. Each Order and the Customer’s data required for the purchase shall be stored by PRADA for the time period provided for and in compliance with the applicable laws currently into force.
7. At the end of the purchase procedure, PRADA recommends to download, save or print out the Terms and Conditions applicable at the time of completion of the order. The customer will also receive an e-mail, at the address the customer entered in the purchase form, confirming the main conditions of the purchase.
8. While PRADA continues to make every effort to ensure that the photographs displayed on the Site are faithful reproductions of the original products, including adopting every technological solution possible to minimize inaccuracies, variations may occur due to the technical and color resolution characteristics of the customer’s computer. PRADA shall not be liable therefore for the eventual inadequacy of the graphic representations of PRADA products displayed on the Site owing to the above mentioned technical issues.
9. PRADA reserves the right to reject the order from any customer with whom there is an ongoing legal dispute regarding a prior order. This applies equally to all cases in which PRADA considers the customer unsuitable, for instance in the case of previous violations of the terms and conditions for purchase or for whatever other legitimate reason, especially where the customer has been involved in fraudulent activity of any kind. In such events, PRADA shall inform the Customer by email, within 30 (thirty) days from the date of receipt of the Order, of the cancellation of the Order received. In such case, no Order shall be deemed to have been accepted by PRADA.
4. Pre Order and Pre Ordered Product
1. The Customer is aware that on the Website he/she may have the opportunity to pre-order a selection of Products before their commercial launch or distribution and placement in the market. The Customer acknowledges that such Products are not yet available for the delivery at the time of the submitting of the relevant Order.
2. The Products which may be pre-ordered by the Customers are clearly identified and marked on the Website through the wording “Pre Order” or “Pre Ordered Product”.
3. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that if he/she pre orders a Product, the relevant price shown on the Website and displayed in the Shopping Bag section shall be charged in advance to the Customer at the moment of the receipt of the Confirmation Email, as defined in the below section 6.5, although this Pre Ordered Product is not available at that moment.
4. The Pre Ordered Product will be delivered to the Customer by the estimated delivery date specified in the Product page description.
5. In case the order sent by the Customer contains Pre Ordered Products only, or one or more Pre Ordered Products in addition to the Products already available, all the relevant prices related to such order shall be charged in advance to the Customer at the moment of the receipt of the Confirmation Email, and each product will be individually and separately shipped once it is ready for shipment.
6. Any further specification related to the payment, delivery and confirmation of the Pre Ordered Products are referred below in the respective sections.
7. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that, except for what is specifically provided herein for the Pre Ordered Products, the other clauses of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale hereof will be applied also to the Pre Ordered Products.
1. The customer acknowledges that the products offered by PRADA on the site are subject to stock limits. The customer may check the availability of any product offered on the Site at any time, either while creating the Shopping Cart or after completing the order.
2. The customer cannot order the products by loading the Shopping Cart and saving it for purchase at a later Internet session.
3. Unless the customer fully completes the purchase procedure, the contents of the shopping Cart will be lost without trace at the end of each shopping session.
4. Inconveniences may occasionally occur regarding the availability of certain products (include Pre-Ordered products). In such circumstances, PRADA will inform the customer of this fact as soon as possible by e-mail or telephone. Should the customer opt to cancel the order no charge will be made to the customer’s credit card. In the event the order is only partially unavailable, the Customer will be asked if he/she either wishes to receive the Products that are available or fully cancel the order.
5. PRADA reserves the right to change the products offered on the Site, without prior notice.
6. Completing an order
1. The purchase procedure is completed when the customer selects the "Complete your Purchase" option. Upon confirmation, the order will be submitted to PRADA for processing.
2. Customers who have registered to log in the reserved area of the Website may check their Order status by logging in such area and accessing the ‘My Orders’ page.
3. The purchase procedure must be fully completed; otherwise the content of the shopping cart will be cancelled at the end of each shopping session.
4. Following Order Confirmation, the Order is sent to PRADA to be shipped and may no longer be modified or cancelled, except in the cases expressly provided for in these General Terms or where provided for by applicable Italian legislation. An order sent by the Customer shall be processed by PRADA only if the entire purchase procedure has been duly and correctly completed without any error message from the Website.
5. The contract between PRADA and the Customer is understood as concluded at the moment the Customer receives a Confirmation e-mail from PRADA informing him that the Order, sent in accordance with the purchase procedure, has been shipped. (In the case of orders containing Pre-ordered products, the contract between PRADA and the Customer is understood as concluded at the moment the Customer receives a Confirmation e-mail from PRADA informing him/her that the Order has been received by Prada.)
6. Confirmation of the order will be taken as proof of the customer’s acceptance of the provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
7. The data recorded on the Site shall be treated as conclusive evidence of the details of the transactions between PRADA and the customer. In the event of a dispute between
PRADA and the customer relating to a transaction conducted on the Site, the data recorded by PRADA shall be treated as legal evidence of the transaction.
7. Price and Method of Payment
1. The prices of all products offered on the Site are inclusive of consumption taxes.
2. The prices of the products made available for sale shall be indicated in Yen.
3. PRADA reserves the right to change the prices of the products offered on the Site and without prior notice. The customer will be charged the prices displayed on the Site at time the order is confirmed, provided that the products ordered are available at that time.
4. PRADA only accepts credit cards and the other payment methods expressly indicated on the Website.
5. For the purposes of credit card payments, the Customer confirms and warrants that he/she is the owner of the credit card used for the purchase and the accuracy of all the relevant data entered at the time of purchase, such as: credit card number, expiry date and, if applicable, the security code.
6. Transaction amounts shall be charged to the Customer only following: (i) the verification of the credit card data, (ii) receipt from the company issuing the credit card used by the Customer of the debit authorization, and (iii) PRADA's confirmation that the product is available and, in any event, after the Order is ready to be processed. (With respect to the orders containing Pre Ordered Products, the relevant amount shall be charged in advance at the moment the Customer receives a Confirmation e-mail from PRADA informing him/her that the Order has been received by Prada, even if they are not yet available at that moment.)
7. The products will only be shipped once PRADA has verified the credit card data with the issuer of credit card and received authorization to debit the credit card. The credit card will only be debited after the product is shipped, however with respect to the orders containing Pre Ordered Products, the total transaction amount will be charged for all Products at the moment the Customer receives a Confirmation e-mail from PRADA informing him/her that the Order has been received by Prada.
8. In the event one or more Products are unavailable and the Customer has decided not to fully cancel the Order, he/she shall only be charged the price of the available Products.
9. If the Customer has ordered multiple products and wished that each product is shipped individually and separately once it is ready for shipment, the prices for all the products will be charged at the time of shipping the first product. If the Customer has wished that all the ordered products are shipped at once, the prices for all the products will be charged at the time of the shipment.
8. Delivery limitations
1. Products sold on the Site may be purchased and delivered only within Japan. The order to be shipped outside Japan will be automatically rejected during the order process. The products will be shipped to the address given when the order is made.
2. For security reasons, PRADA cannot deliver any order to a P.O. Box or accept any order where it is impossible to identify the individual private recipient of the order, and its address.
1. The products the customer ordered will be shipped by courier company appointed by Prada, to the address that the customer entered in the purchase form.
2. The products will be dispatched within 5 (five) business days after the purchase procedure is completed. However, Prada does not promise to deliver within that period due to long holidays, traffic condition etc.
3. In the case of orders containing product available and product in Pre-order, each product will be individually and separately shipped once it is ready for shipment. In every case in which the relevant order contains Pre Ordered Products, the delivery date shall be longer than 30 days and the Customer agrees to receive such order at the estimated delivery date shown to the Customer in the Product page description.
4. In case the customer is not able to receive the products at the time of delivery, the products will be kept at the courier company for 7 (seven) days. The customer makes a contact directly with the courier company to ask the delivery of the products again. If the products cannot be delivered within 7 (seven) days, such products will be returned to PRADA. In this case, the customer will be charged the possible related shipping costs for return.
5. The shipping costs free of charge.
6. PRADA shall make every effort to deliver the ordered products as quickly as possible, and if the customer has an individual and separate shipment, each product will be individually and separately shipped once it is ready for shipment.
7. As soon as the purchased Product is shipped, the client service will send an e-mail to the address the customer entered in the purchase form. This email will contain a tracking code and a unique link that allows real time monitoring of the delivery. (If the Customer has ordered multiple products and wish that each product is individually and separately shipped once it is ready for shipment, this email will be sent every time the product is shipped.) Our client service will provide assistance with any possible problem concerning the delivery; the customer may contact the Client Service department at email@example.com.
8. Alternatively to the delivery by courier, the Customer may request to collect the Products purchased directly from a store which may be selected on the Website at the time of the purchase, provided that the relevant order does not contain any Pre Ordered Product. In the event the Customer does not collect the Products within 30 (thirty) days of receipt ( 7 days for the markdown sale products) of the email informing him/her that the Product is available for collection, the sale may be cancelled by PRADA. In such case, the Customer shall be informed by email of such cancellation and shall be refunded any amounts already paid.
9. In the event of delivery problems or late deliveries of 7 (seven) business days after the confirmation of the order, the customer is requested to notify PRADA using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Conformity of orders
1. The products must be checked at the moment of delivery to make sure they correspond to the products ordered.
2. If the products do not correspond to the ordered products, the customer must promptly notice PRADA at the e-mail address email@example.com and has the right to ask for the conformity of the order. Should the customer opt to cancel the order, no charge will be made to the credit card. In the event that the credit card has already been charged, it will be refunded as soon as possible.
11. Returns and refunds - Cancellation
1. Cancellation of the order and claims for returns and refund regarding any product purchased on the Site except for defective products must be made in the following way.
a) Claims concerning possible returns of the products must be made within 14 (fourteen) days from the shipped date of the products to the customer. Please note we do not accept any returns of Markdown sale products.
b) In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, Customers may use the specific form accessible in the "Returns" section of the Website or directly in the "My Account" section if the relevant Customer is registered on the Website. To this end, Customers shall be required to:
(i)fill in the online form with the information required, (ii)wait for Client service call to share picking up schedule, (iii)have the package ready to be given to the delivery person
c) In the event the Customer complies with the procedure set forth in the preceding paragraph, the courier appointed by PRADA shall collect the parcel containing the Products to be returned with no charges to the Customer.
If, on the other hand, the Customer does not comply with such procedure, the return costs and any liability for loss, theft, damage or delay in the delivery shall be borne by the Customer.
• The Customer undertakes to return the Products for which he/she has exercised the relevant right of withdrawal without undue delay and, in any case, within 14 (fourteen) days of the date the exercise of the right of withdrawal is notified to PRADA.
d) The products must be returned in their original condition and original packaging including the security tag. The Customer is also informed that, based on security and hygienic-sanitary reasons, perfumes cannot be returned if the sealing cellophane and the original packaging have been opened, damaged, altered or removed.
2. Prada will verify whether the returned products are effectively in original condition being entitled to ask for damages in case of any damage or non correspondence with the products delivered to the customer. PRADA shall not be liable for any item returned being lost, misdirected or delivered late, the customer assuming all shipping risks.
3. PRADA does not allow refunds for cancellation of the products purchased in PRADA stores or other boutiques, nor the contrary (i.e. no refunds at PRADA stores or boutique for products purchased on the Site).
12. Liability for defective products
1. The warranty is valid upon the following cumulative conditions:
a) the defect appears within 12 months after the delivery of the products;
b) the customer formally claims the defects within a maximum of 2 months from the date s/he recognized the defect.
2. Any claim concerning this warranty related to the ordered products shall be notified by e- mail to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org,
3. Return shipping costs for defective products or non conformity of the products with the order (wrong products, damaged products, etc.) will be paid by PRADA.
13. Limitation of liability
1. Except in the case of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of PRADA, PRADA shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages and, in particular, shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss of income deriving from the purchase of the products from the Site.
1. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Japanese law
2. In the event of a dispute the jurisdiction will be upon the courts of the place where the customer has his/her domicile or residence according to the applicable law or, at customer’s choice in case of action started by the customer, upon the Local District Court of Japan.
1. For any claim, further information or assistance on the Site or on the purchase procedure, please write an e-mail to the address email@example.com
Last updated [11th of July, 2019]
PRADA, Shin-Nogizaka Bldg. 1-15-14, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Name of Seller:
Prada Japan Co., Ltd.
Shin-Nogizaka Bldg. 1-15-14, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
The sales price (inclusive of consumption taxes) is made available on a webpage for each product.
Other Amounts Payable by Customers:
Shipping Costs - Free of Charge.
Special Conditions of Sales –
2. The products are subject to stock limits.
Credit Card or and the other payment methods expressly indicated on the Website.
Timing of Payment:
1. Transaction amounts shall be charged to the customer only following:
(i) the verification of the credit card data,
(ii) receipt from the company issuing the credit card used by the customer of the debit authorization, and
(iii) our confirmation that the product is available and, in any event, after the order is ready to be processed.
2. In case of the orders containing Pre Ordered Products for which the relevant amount shall be charged in advance at the moment the Customer receives a Confirmation e-mail from PRADA informing him/her that the Order has been received by Prada, even if they are not yet available at that moment.
3. If the Customer has ordered multiple products and wished that each product is shipped individually and separately once it is ready for shipment, the prices for all the products will be charged at the time of shipping the first product. If the Customer has wished that all the ordered products are shipped at once, the prices for all the products will be charged at the time of the shipment.
Timing of Delivery:
1. In general, the products will be dispatched within 5 (five) business days after the purchase procedure is completed.
2. Pre Ordered Products will be delivered by the estimated delivery date specified in the Product page description.
3. If the customer requests an individual and separate shipment, each product will be individually and separately shipped once it is ready for shipment
We accept return of products in accordance with the general terms and conditions of sales within 14 (fourteen) days from the shipped date of the products. Please note we do not accept Markdown sale returns. In the event the customer complies with the procedure set forth in the general terms and conditions of sales, we collect the products to be returned with no charges to the customer.
The warranty for defective products is valid the defect appears within 12 (twelve) months after the delivery of the products and the customer formally claims the defects within a maximum of 2 (two) months from the date s/he recognized the defect in accordance with the general terms and conditions of sales. In the event the customer complies with the procedure set forth in the general terms and conditions of sales, we will pay return shipping costs for defective products.