What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to the user’s terminal (usually to the user’s browser) by visited websites; they are stored in the user’s computer to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user’s subsequent visits to those websites.
Cookies cannot be used to retrieve other data from the hard disk, transmit computer viruses or identify and use e-mail addresses. Each cookie is unique for the browser and device used to access the Site.
Cookies can be installed by the operator of the website the user is visiting (so-called “first party cookies”) or by other websites (so-called “third party cookies”).
Cookies can be permanently stored in the user’s device until their expiration or deletion by the user (so-called “permanent cookies”) or they can be automatically eliminated any time the Site browsing session ends or when the browser is closed (so-called “session cookies”).
Cookies are used for several purposes, in order to ensure the correct functioning of the Site and offer a better and more efficient browsing experience.
Types of cookies
Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view to "carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communication network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service" (see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code).
They are not used for any further purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or the operator of the website.
Your prior consent is not necessary for the use of these cookies.
Technical cookies can be divided into:
Browsing and session cookies
These cookies guarantee regular navigation and use of the Site (e.g. allowing a purchase or the authentication to access restricted areas);
These cookies are equated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the operator of the Site to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and on how they use the Site;
These cookies allow the user to browse as a function of certain pre-determined criteria (e.g., the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service offered.
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles and are used to send online advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation.
These cookies, either of the Company or of third parties, are accurately selected and checked and are used to guarantee that the marketing messages received through the Site or other websites used by the Company to transmit its advertising messages are in line with the visitor’s preferences. Our advertising policy is conceived to offer pertinent messages, based on previous visits to the Site, on the pages visited more frequently and on other data concerning the visitor.
Your prior consent is necessary for the use of these cookies.
Cookies used on the Site
The cookies used on the Site are listed in the following tables:
||session||They are used with the only purpose to ensure that the Site functions properly and to improve the service offered, allowing easier browsing based on a set of criteria selected by the visitor (e.g.. language, country and/or products selected for purchase). They are removed when the browser is closed.|
|Analytics cookies||Adobe Analytics||session and
permanent (2 years)
|They are used with the only purpose to ensure that the Site functions properly and to improve the service offered, allowing easier browsing based on a set of criteria selected by the visitor (e.g.. language, country and/or products selected for purchase). They are removed when the browser is closed.||For more information click on http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html
To opt-out click on http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
|Google Analytics||permanent (10 minutes and 2 years)||They are used to anonymously monitor the method of using the Site by the visitor for statistical survey purposes, allowing Prada to optimize the Site functioning and offer a better browsing experience.||For more information click on https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
To opt-out click on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
|Profiling cookies||Google Double-click||540 days||They are used to select online advertising messages based on what is pertinent to the visitor, in line with the information collected during browsing and to prevent the visitor from viewing ads already displayed in the past. Prior consent is requested for the use of these cookies.||For more information and to opt-out click on https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/|
|90 days||They are used to select advertising messages in Facebook consistent with your preferences and interests based on information collected during the browsing of the Site. For the use of these cookies is required prior consent.||For more information click on https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950?helpref=faq_content
To opt-out click on https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Management of cookie preferences
When accessing any page of the Site a banner containing a simplified policy statement is displayed.
It is possible to change and manage cookie preferences both through the Company’s Site and through the browser settings:
1.through the Site
Consent to the use of profiling cookies can be given or denied through this link - cookie management. Moreover, through the opt-out links indicated in the previous section, it is possible to disable third party cookies.
2.through your browser settings
If you wish to block or delete the cookies received from the Site or any other website, you can do this by changing the browser settings by means of the specific function.
You can find below the links to the instructions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191
We remind that disabling all cookies, including navigation and functionality cookies, may cause Site browsing problems. For example, you may be able to visit the public pages of the Site, but it may not be possible to access the reserved area or make purchases.
Use of other websites
We remind that your cookie preference settings on this Site will not be saved to other companies’ websites.
Scope of data disclosure and dissemination
Data acquired through cookies are processed by employees and collaborators of the Company expressly appointed as persons in charge of processing or data processors.
Moreover, these data may be processed by third-party companies carrying out technical and organizational tasks on Prada’s behalf (e.g.: web service providers.). These companies are appointed as data processors.
Data acquired through cookies may be transferred abroad but will not under any circumstances be disseminated to unknown persons.
You may at any time ask for information on the processing of your personal data, obtain updating, rectification or integration of the data, as well as the erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully and object to the processing pursuant to art. 7 of Privacy Code, which is integrally quoted at the end of this policy.
To exercise your rights, you may apply to the Data Controller by sending a written communication to the address specified below or an email to: email@example.com.
Data controller and data processor
The data controller is Prada S.p.A. – Via A. Fogazzaro 28 – 20135 Milan (Italy)
Latest update: December 15, 2016
* * *
Art. 7 of Italian Legislative decree 196/2003. Data subject’s rights.
- A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- A data subject shall have the right to be informed:
- of the source of the personal data;
- of the purposes and methods of the processing;
- of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
- of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated pursuant to section 5(2);
- of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- A data subject shall have the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
- erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
- A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, when it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market and commercial communication surveys.